[vtkusers] Python and VTK

Nick Torenvliet natorenvliet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 21:32:23 EDT 2017

Hi,

I'm running ubuntu 16.04 with python3.

After compiling and installing vtk8 the following occurs.

1- I have an issue with doxygen / docs during vtk make install

After make install

1- I fire up a python 3 window and can import vtk, but cannot call any of
the vtk functions except for those beginning with __
2- I fire up my python2 window and cannot import vtk at all
3- I fire up vtkpython, which looks to be p3.5 and cannot import vtk at all

I feel like I'm missing a major step hooking the wrappers up into the
python environment.

My desired functionality is to have vtk in python 3.5, optimally in a venv
if possible.

Any ideas?

Nick