[vtkusers] Problems using vtkExtractEdges with vtkUnstructuredGrid, quadratic solid cell types

scotsman60 doug at beachmailing.com
Mon Sep 25 15:37:44 EDT 2017

Hello!!

OK - I've figured out this has nothing to do with vtkExtractEdges.

If I write the unstructuredGrid to disk and create a new one by reading it
back in, everything works as documented.

So I'm assuming I must have a problem with my UnstructuredGrid.

I am creating the points and cells for this grid "in bulk" using numpy
arrays instead of looping over points and cells and adding them one by one
since the data sets are very large. I suspect that something must be amiss
in tat process - although I am able to save the grid correctly and I can
render it many ways without a problem.

Is there any known issues related to the use of numpy arrays and the
extractEdge class?

Thanx,

Doug