[vtkusers] Names of the axes of the graph

kenichiro yoshimi rccm.kyoshimi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 06:30:51 EDT 2017

Hi Simakov,

For equation rendering as shown in attached figure, you need to
introduce MathText markup, which is a subset of LaTeX. To compile VTK
with support for MathText, you must turn on VTK_WRAP_PYTHON and
Module_vtkRenderingMatplotlib during configuration with CMake.

In coding, a pair of "$" symbols surrounding a MathType expression
gives the results you desire. For example:
-----
  vtkSmartPointer<vtkChartXY> chart =
    vtkSmartPointer<vtkChartXY>::New();
  vtkAxis *axis = chart->GetAxis(vtkAxis::BOTTOM);
  axis->SetTitle("$\\omega_X$");
-----

Thanks