[vtkusers] How to extract cells and points from unstructuredGrid based on integer cell data?

scotsman60 doug at beachmailing.com
Sat Sep 23 15:51:13 EDT 2017

Hello.

I'm a vtk newbie......and I have an unstructureGrid consisting of many
different cell types and each cell has some associated integer cell data.

>From the unstructureGrid I want to create a new unstructuredGrid (Cells and
points) consisting of only those cells that have a particular cellData value

What is the recommended strategy for achiving this goal?

I'm currently pursuing a solution based on vtkThreshold - is this the right
approach or is there a better onw?

Thanx in advance,

Doug