[vtkusers] Difference in images displayed in vtkImageViewer2 and vtkResliceImageViewer

K O ranjith kor1581 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 11:44:31 EDT 2017

Hello,

Thanks for the support.

As I mentioned in my question I have tried to set the window level and
width from the dicom metadata to both the viewer’s using the api s

    m_vtkImViewer->SetColorLevel(dDefaultWinWidth);

    m_vtkImViewer->SetColorWindow(dDefaultWinLevel);

but the result from vtkResliceImageViewer is different than other viewers,
ie vtkImageViewer2 and other dicom viewer applications.

While connecting the vtkResliceImageViewer with vtkDICOMReader with api
“SetInputData””, have .

So I tried with the method
vtkResliceImageViewer->SetInputConnection(vtkDICOMReader
->GetOutputPort());,  then vtk showing error message "Use SetInputData
instead.", but the images are displaying image almost same as (but not
exact )other viewers. But then also, while setting the window level and
width from to the default value in the dicom metadata, the image display
again getting distorted. But the vtkImageViewer2 have same proper result
all the time.

I used 2d dicom images for testing.

Why this happening? What are the basic difference in both vtk viewers in
displaying images and setting window level and width?