[vtkusers] VTK-JS: How to get Position of actor

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Mon Sep 18 10:38:26 EDT 2017

Hi Katrin,

The actor position only describe the relative position to the data, that's
why by default they are always (0,0,0).
Which means its your source or dataset that has the information about the
position that you are looking for.

For example to find the bounds of a rendered dataset you can do as follow.

dataset = mapper.getInputData();
bounds = dataset.getBounds();

// bounds is an array as follow:
// [ minX, maxX, minY, maxY, minZ, maxZ]

Hope that helps,

Otherwise you can learn more on the basic concepts behind VTK here:
https://www.vtk.org/vtk-users-guide/

Seb