[vtkusers] Avoid rendering values outside of range

Maguire, Alister Owen maguire7 at llnl.gov
Tue Sep 12 17:45:53 EDT 2017

Hello,

I’m using vtkSmartVolumeMapper for volume rendering within VisIt, and I’m wondering if there is a way to “ignore” particular scalar values (either anything that exists outside of a range, or even ignoring a specific value). When resampling unstructured data into structured grids, there is often empty space in the grid that is populated with a default value that exists outside of the datasets range, and I’d like for this default value to be ignored while rendering.

I see that vtkVolumeProperty has the option to set the color for values that exists outside of the range, but I don’t see an equivalent for opacity, which would be one way to handle this… Any ideas?

Best,
Alister