[vtkusers] VTK Python Wrapper - Exporting Surface Plot

Alberti, Anthony Lewis albertia at oregonstate.edu
Tue Sep 12 11:56:03 EDT 2017

Cory,

Thanks for your response. The data I am trying to visualize is from a 2D
time dependent simulation so there is a good amount of data. I am using
finite elements but the specific method in which I am using doesn't have a
2D mesh in the traditional sense - so typical visualization methods for
finite elements are kind of moot.

I was hoping that I would be able to directly output the data into some
form of vtk object that I could then use to visualize in a surface plot in
Paraview/Visit. That way I could adjust camera angles, color schemes, etc
and make everything into a movie to show the time dependent behavior. The
reason I was hoping to avoid to have to process raw data (e.g. through csv
files) is that the simulation simply outputs a lot of data (on the order of
10s of gigabytes) and post processing it directly in Paraview could be
expensive.

What do you think?

-- Tony