[vtkusers] canny edge detection help

Ramamurthy, Rajesh (GE Global Research, US) ramamurr at research.ge.com
Tue Sep 5 10:58:37 EDT 2017

This worked and I have been using the canny edge detection code. Today I noticed a crash in the algorithim coming from

vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels::Move

where there is a divide by zero at

      c = -0.5*b/a;

I noticed that when I increase the Gradient and threshold values for the algorithm, the crash goes away - so it appears that some remote pixels are being picked up as edges.

Not sure what to do here - I would hope that there is at least a way to fail gracefully , but there are no exception handing in there.

Any ideas? - cant share the image unfortunately.

Regards
Rajesh