[vtkusers] why the DICOM image is completely white when I use lung color level and window?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 13:28:07 EDT 2017

Hi Liu Peng,

Use the reader's GetRescaleSlope() and GetRescaleIntercept().  See
http://dgobbi.github.io/vtk-dicom/doc/api/image_display.html and scroll
down to the "Grayscale image display" section.

For a run-down on some of the complications of Window/Level in DICOM, see
the following:
http://dicom.nema.org/medical/dicom/current/output/chtml/part03/sect_C.11.html
http://dicom.nema.org/medical/dicom/current/output/chtml/part03/sect_C.11.2.html

 - David