[vtkusers] Does anyone use vtkMapper - ScalarMaterialMode

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Sep 1 14:17:25 EDT 2017

I am curious if anyone uses the ScalarMaterialMode feature in vtkMapper.
When using scalar coloring it allows you to control what material property
the scalar color will set, ambient color, diffuse color, or both. I think
that people would want their scalar colors to set both the ambient and
diffuse material colors. But maybe I am missing a use case where people are
using this specifically to only set ambient or diffuse but not both. If you
have a case where you are using this feature let me know please :-)

Thanks
Ken

--
Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.