[vtkusers] How can I set bounds for vtkLinearExtrusionFilter

alican alican1812 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 29 07:01:40 EDT 2017

I need to implement the free hand mesh cutting in VTK. I implemented it using
a custom cutting filter, derived from vtkPolyDataAlgorithm.

This filter gets the points drawn by user, projects them on a plane, and
uses the resulting vtkPolyData to create a vtkLinearExtrusionFilter.

It works pretty good on simple meshes like a cube or a sphere, but if the
mesh is a table, for ex., when I try to cut one leg, all legs are cut,
because the extruding object is endless, and I don't know how to limit it to
one leg only.

So the question is: how can I set bounds for vtkLinearExtrusionFilter?

There is a lot of code involved, I can post any fragment of it per request,
or upload it somewhere and add the link if the need be.