[vtkusers] vtkHardwareSelector select wrong points!

yujie_job at 163.com yujie_job at 163.com
Wed Oct 25 22:35:12 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

Recently, I am developping interactive selection function in render view
base on VTK. In order to select visible cells and points, I choosed
vtkHardwareSelector after I run this example  *
<https://cmake.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filtering/ExtractVisibleCells>
"VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filtering/ExtractVisibleCells"* . In my program,
vtkHardwareSelector works very well for selecting visible cells. But when it
comes to selecting points, something wrong happened, as showing in below
pictures, the points that are not in select zone are choosed.
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t341092/selectionZone.png>
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t341092/PointSelection.png>

Then, I test this function in ParaView(v5.1.2 windows 64 bit) as Paraview
also uses vtkHardwareSelector to select visible cells and points. but when
selecting points, the same wrong results are showing in below pictures.

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t341092/paraviewSelectZone.png>
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t341092/paraviewSelectResults.png>

testPolyOut.vtp
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t341092/testPolyOut.vtp>
the test file I used is also attached.

I have searched the mail list, but I can not find any valuable information
about this problem. Could anybody know hows to solve this proble give me
some help? Thanks very much!

Best wishes,

Jie