[vtkusers] VTK-JS: How to get Position of actor

Katrin Hartwig katrin_hartwig at gmx.de
Mon Oct 23 06:50:44 EDT 2017

Hi Sebastien,

I stored the data as vtk data and used the vtkDataConverter which seemed
to work fine. When I run the code, every actor appears exactly at the
right place. So I guess the information in the vtk data must be correct
(without ever using any function like "setPosition"). Though I do not
understand why I cannot retrieve the information of their positions in
the code.

Here is how I read my data files, it is a function I found in the
documentation:

function loadSegment(string, actor, renderer, i){
     const reader = vtkHttpDataSetReader.newInstance({ fetchGzip: true });
reader.setUrl(string).then(() => {
   reader.loadData().then(() => {
     renderer.resetCamera();
     renderWindow.render();
   });
});
const mapper = vtkMapper.newInstance();
mapper.setInputConnection(reader.getOutputPort());
actor.setMapper(mapper);
renderer.addActor(actor);
}

Any ideas what could be wrong?