[vtkusers] Inresolved external for QVTKWidget in VTK-8.0.1.

Zoltan Kovacs Zoltan.Kovacs at esi-group.com
Mon Oct 16 11:43:14 EDT 2017

Actually, the macro VTK_MODULE_INIT worked. I have only the issues now like

ERROR: In
C:\VTK\VTK-8.0.1\VTK-8.0.1\Rendering\OpenGL2\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 701
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (050E8798): We have determined that your
graphics system is an Intel SandyBridge based system. These systems only
partially  support VTK. If you encounter any issues please make sure
your graphics drivers from Intel are up to date.

ERROR: In C:\VTK\VTK-8.0.1\VTK-8.0.1\GUISupport\Qt\QVTKInteractor.cxx,
line 147
QVTKInteractor (04FF6098): QVTKInteractor cannot control the event loop.

The first ERROR is just because of the partially support of Intel
SandyBridge by VTK. That is OK  :-) .
The second one is due to my limited knowledge on the usage of
vtkInteractor with QVTKWidget. But it is not a technical issue. I just
have to find out the correct usage.

Since I want to open an STL file by VTK in a Qt window I do not need the
volume rendering now. It works now with an STL file:  the polgon surface
appears QtVTKWidget  window and I can rotate it with mouse even if I had
an error with the QVTKInteractor.

Of course, you are right. It would be definetely easier to use CMake
with VTK and I would gladly migrate from qmake to cmake. Unfortunately
the development project here uses qmake for the application handling STL
files.
However, it seems to work now. Thanks a lot!

Zoltan