[vtkusers] Inresolved external for QVTKWidget in VTK-8.0.1.

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Mon Oct 16 11:20:18 EDT 2017

> I have the line
> -lvtkRenderingOpenGL2-8.0 \
> in the library list of the project file and the corresponding library file
> is also in the lib folder of the installed VTK. I can try to include the
> header vtkAutoinit.h and add these variables with the macro VTK_MODULE_INIT.
> It may work.

Yes, it may be more reliable to use the VTK_MODULE_INIT macro perhaps,
but I think it should work with the *_AUTOINIT defines as well.

Just remember when using VTK_MODULE_INIT to do everything before you
include the first VTK header.

I had a look at my compile output on Windows when using

    DEFINES += vtkRenderingCore_AUTOINIT=$$shell_quote(2(vtkInteractionStyle,vtkRenderingOpenGL2))

and it had

    -DvtkRenderingCore_AUTOINIT="2(vtk^CteractionStyle,vtkRenderingOpenGL2)"

which I think is correct.

But yes, if you're doing volume rendering, you would also need:

    DEFINES += vtkRenderingVolume_AUTOINIT=$$shell_quote(1(vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL2))

But I don't think you would have gotten "no override found for
'vtkPolyDataMapper'" from missing that.. I think that error would be
indicative of a missing vtkRenderingOpenGL2 initialization (not sure
though..).

Elvis