[vtkusers] ANN: VTK Book Examples

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 21:05:19 EDT 2017

Here they are. I have left out all the data files to save space.
Please note:
1) They were probably done in Python 2.6.
2) It was for VTK 6.0

As Bill noted it would be a good idea to use vtkNamedColors instead of
colors.py in the Python folder. These conversions were done long
before vtkNamedColors
existed.

Conversion Progress.txt should give you a good idea as to what was done.

Regards
   Andrew

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Nick Torenvliet <natorenvliet at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Andrew, I would be very interested in getting a copy of your port.
> Please zip and send!
>
> Thanks in advance, I'm working through the book as we speak... those
> examples will come in handy.
>
> Nick
>
> On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Andrew Maclean <andrew.amaclean at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> A long while ago, I converted most of the VTK Book examples from TCL to
>> Python, (Sept 2014 to be precise). I still have the converted examples and
>> notes as to where conversions failed.
>>
>> No one was interested at the time.
>>
>> If you want I can zip up the code and send it to you.
>>
>> Regards
>>    Andrew

>>> 2) links to the doxygen documentation for classes demonstrated,
>>> 3) shows the original figure caption and,
>>> 4) if the example produces an image, links to the full resolution image.