[vtkusers] Shadow support on volume rendering

ianl ilindsay at insigniamedical.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 04:04:07 EST 2017

Hi David, thanks for looking into this. I eventually got to the point where I
could see a volume, but with no opacity (as I think someone else mentioned
in a separate thread), then ran out of time to look any further.

I think some of our issues were due to a custom SmartVolumeMapper we had
built to address some other issues we were having (GPU memory size info,
auto volume down sampling etc). This was presumably interfering with the
insertion of the ray cast pass. Reverting to the VTK one seemed to help, so
this is something we need to look into.

Glad to hear there is an explanation. I look forward to the fix, the results
look good in the image you attached.