[vtkusers] ANN: DIPY 0.13.0

Eleftherios Garyfallidis garyfallidis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 19:45:19 EST 2017

Hello all,

We are happy to announce a new public release of DIPY. This is mostly a
maintenance release with extra fixes, speedups and minor changes of
dependencies.

*DIPY 0.13 (Tuesday, 24 October 2017)*

This release received contributions from 13 developers (the full release
notes are at: http://nipy.org/dipy/release0.13.html)

*Highlights of this release include:*

- Faster Local PCA implementation.
- Fixed different issues with OpenMP and Windows / OSX.
- Replacement of cvxopt module by cvxpy.
- Replacement of Pytables module by h5py.
- Updated API to support latest numpy version (1.14).
- New user interfaces for visualization.
- Large documentation update.

To upgrade, run the following command in your terminal:

*pip install --upgrade dipy*

or

*conda install -c conda-forge dipy*

For any questions go to http://dipy.org, or send an e-mail to
neuroimaging at python.org

We also have an instant messaging service and chat room available at
https://gitter.im/nipy/dipy

Expect mad features in release 0.14 (Jan 2018)!!!

On behalf of the DIPY developers,
Eleftherios Garyfallidis, Ariel Rokem, Serge Koudoro
http://dipy.org/developers.html