[vtkusers] appendPolyData with shepard method: Points must be defined!

Adrian Bielefeldt Adrian.Bielefeldt at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Wed Nov 22 11:03:35 EST 2017

Hello everyone,

I have the following setup: two vtkPolyData-Objects polyData and
additionalPolyData that I would like to combine using vtkAppendPolyData
append into one and execute a shepard method on. The following code runs
fine:

append->AddInputData(polyData);

append->Update()

(handing it to the shepard method and the rendering).

Same goes for:

append->AddInputData(additionalPolyData);

append->Update()

(handing it to the shepard method and the rendering).

This however:

append->AddInputData(polyData);

append->AddInputData(additionalPolyData);

append->Update()

(handing it to the shepard method and the rendering).

results in a "Points must be defined!"-error.

Can anybody explain to me where I'm going wrong?

Greetings,

Adrian