[vtkusers] Shadows with VTK 8.0

Yeshwanth, Chandan chandan.yeshwanth at siemens.com
Thu Nov 16 23:15:18 EST 2017

Thanks Ken, Chiranjib. I tried out the example you mentioned in Rendering/OpenGL2/Testing/Cxx.

It looks like the API has changed in a few places –

·       vtkShadowMapBakerPass.SetOpaquePass is now SetOpaqueSequence

I couldn’t resolve these API errors, which seem to be essential to rendering shadows -

·       vtkShadowMapBakerPass has no member named SetPolygonOffsetFactor

·       vtkShadowMapBakerPass has no member named SetPolygonOffsetUnits

·       ‘OCCLUDER’ is not a member of ‘vtkShadowMapBakerPass’

·       ‘RECEIVER’ is not a member of ‘vtkShadowMapBakerPass’

I searched for the new API in the “API Changes” sections that Chiranjib mentioned as well as in the VTK source code itself, but I couldn’t find the new function calls to be used.
Can you please help me out with this?

Regards,
Chandan