[vtkusers] Can vtkDataObject be downcasted to vtkUnstructuredGrid?

landings landinghere at 163.com
Wed Nov 15 23:30:43 EST 2017

Hi,

I am writing a reader that outputs an unstructured solid mesh.

I am referring to vtkSTLReader, in its RequestData() method I can see the
following code:

    vtkInformation *outInfo = outputVector->GetInformationObject(0);
    vtkPolyData *output =
vtkPolyData::SafeDownCast(outInfo->Get(vtkDataObject::DATA_OBJECT()));

But when I do similar things:

    vtkInformation* outInfo = outputVector->GetInformationObject(0);
    vtkUnstructuredGrid *output =
vtkUnstructuredGrid::SafeDownCast(outInfo->Get(vtkDataObject::DATA_OBJECT()));

I get a nullptr for output. I am sure
outInfo->Get(vtkDataObject::DATA_OBJECT()) exists before downcasting.