[vtkusers] Performance issue with 8.1.0rc1

marcin.krotkiewski marcin.krotkiewski at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 04:43:31 EST 2017

Hello,

I compiled VTK8.1.0rc1 with GCC + OpenMP and tested it in my Java-based
application. The behavior is different compared to 8.0.1: when I
manipulate (rotate/move) my model, all CPU cores are 100% active (used
to be only 1), and the performance is very sluggish. Rotation staggers
and is not smooth, even if I only render the axis actor. On the other
hand, compiling without OpenMP support (Sequential) works as it used to.

Does anyone have ideas?

Thanks!

Marcin