[vtkusers] What happens if the indices of points are random?

landings landinghere at 163.com
Mon Nov 13 08:08:45 EST 2017

I have a few thousand points whose indices are quite random. They start from
a few thousand to tens of thousand.

I can't fix this easily because my cells are referencing them.

I would like to know what will happen:

- If the indices are random, is it OK for all buit-in filters, or some of
them?

- If I apply some filters that change the number of points, for example,
extracting the surface of a solid mesh,  are the new surface mesh's indices
starting from 0 and continuous, or it depends?