[vtkusers] Solidify vtkPolyData

sebastian_a seb.an at icloud.com
Tue Nov 7 08:34:53 EST 2017

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I now used the vtkImplicitModeller like in this example:
https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/ImplicitModeller

Also I use it in combination with a stencil, created out of my input
PolyData, to solidify it just outside the model.

Unfortunately it still isn't very precise and also it's not perfectly what I
wanted. The blender solidify modifier really takes care that for example one
face will become a solid box with the same dimensions in two directions and
will be just solidified in it's flat direction. Using the
vtkImplicitModeller Filter the face will become a model with rounded corners
and larger dimensions in all directions.

Still didn't find the perfekt solution.

Thanks,
Sebastian