[vtkusers] Actor's matrix position value

Beatrix Schober beatrix.schober at gmail.com
Tue May 9 03:52:48 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I am using vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor to move a single actor. As I
have one LUT for all objects (to get the same elevation colors), I run the
transformation matrix on vtkTransformPolyDataFilter to get the new correct
bounds and to compute the LUT.

actor->GetMatrix(matrix);

vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransform> transform =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransform>::New();transform->SetMatrix(matrix);filter->SetTransform(transform);

The z position is 180.

The problem is, that the position of the actor is not the correct position
in the whole scene. What am I missing? What I am doing wrong?

[image: Inline image 1]

When doing a translation in z direction of 340 with
transform->Translate(0.0, 0.0, 340), the computations are correct:

[image: Inline image 2]

Thank you very much in advance for any hint!

Regards,

Bea