[vtkusers] Building VTK 7.1.1 with Python wrapping fail

Timothee Evain tevain at telecom-paristech.fr
Wed May 3 15:20:58 EDT 2017

Hi!

That explains why the full are in both profile, thanks for the clarification!

One strange thing about the CMakeLists.txt: the one I got downloading the 7.1.1 archive on vtk.org does not contain this part before "target_link_libraries(vtkpython ${VTKPYTHON_LINK_LIBS})" (around line 246) :

# Add the libPython.dylib file and link explicitly against it.
# This is needed because this is a new python executable, which needs it's libraries.
find_package(PythonLibs REQUIRED)
list(APPEND VTKPYTHON_LINK_LIBS ${vtkPython_LIBRARIES})

that is in contrast to the file in github. Nonetheless, after fixing it, the reporting is :

vtkPython_LIBRARIES C:/Program Files/Python_3.6.1/libs/python36.lib

VTKPYTHON_LINK_LIBS vtkWrappingPythonCore;
vtkCommonCorePython;
vtkCommonMathPython;
vtkCommonMiscPython;
vtkCommonSystemPython;
vtkCommonTransformsPython;
vtkCommonDataModelPython;
vtkCommonColorPython;
vtkCommonExecutionModelPython;
vtkCommonComputationalGeometryPython;
vtkFiltersCorePython;
vtkFiltersGeneralPython;
vtkImagingCorePython;
vtkImagingFourierPython;
vtkFiltersStatisticsPython;
vtkFiltersExtractionPython;
vtkInfovisCorePython;
vtkFiltersGeometryPython;
vtkFiltersSourcesPython;
vtkRenderingCorePython;
vtkRenderingFreeTypePython;
vtkRenderingContext2DPython;
vtkChartsCorePython;
vtkIOImagePython;
vtkIOCorePython;
vtkIOSQLPython;
vtkImagingStatisticsPython;
vtkInteractionStylePython;
vtkRenderingImagePython;
vtkRenderingOpenGL2Python;
vtkDICOMPython;
vtkIOLegacyPython;
vtkIOXMLParserPython;
vtkDomainsChemistryPython;
vtkDomainsChemistryOpenGL2Python;
vtkIOXMLPython;
vtkParallelCorePython;
vtkFiltersAMRPython;
vtkFiltersFlowPathsPython;
vtkFiltersGenericPython;
vtkImagingSourcesPython;
vtkFiltersHybridPython;
vtkFiltersHyperTreePython;
vtkImagingGeneralPython;
vtkFiltersImagingPython;
vtkFiltersModelingPython;
vtkFiltersParallelPython;
vtkFiltersParallelImagingPython;
vtkFiltersPointsPython;vtkFiltersProgrammablePython;vtkFiltersPythonPython;vtkFiltersSMPPython;vtkFiltersSelectionPython;vtkFiltersTexturePython;vtkFiltersVerdictPython;vtkImagingHybridPython;vtkInfovisLayoutPython;vtkImagingColorPython;vtkRenderingAnnotationPython;vtkRenderingVolumePython;vtkInteractionWidgetsPython;vtkViewsCorePython;vtkGeovisCorePython;vtkIOAMRPython;vtkIOEnSightPython;vtkIOExodusPython;vtkRenderingGL2PSOpenGL2Python;vtkIOExportPython;vtkIOGeometryPython;vtkIOImportPython;vtkIOInfovisPython;vtkIOLSDynaPython;vtkIOMINCPython;vtkIOMoviePython;vtkIONetCDFPython;vtkIOPLYPython;vtkIOParallelPython;vtkIOParallelXMLPython;vtkIOTecplotTablePython;vtkIOVideoPython;vtkImagingMathPython;vtkImagingMorphologicalPython;vtkImagingOpenGL2Python;vtkImagingStencilPython;vtkInteractionImagePython;vtkPythonInterpreterPython;vtkRenderingContextOpenGL2Python;vtkRenderingLODPython;vtkRenderingLabelPython;vtkRenderingMatplotlibPython;vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL2Python;vtkViewsContext2DPython;vtkViewsInfovisPython;C:/Program Files/Python_3.6.1/libs/python36.lib