[vtkusers] Point Visibility in Camera View

Matteo sendtomatteo at yahoo.it
Wed Mar 29 05:24:32 EDT 2017

Hi
I am looking for a way to know if a generic known point (xyz) is visible
in the current view.
I checked the object's functions but it seems there is nothing like:

bool vtkCamera::IsInVisibleArea(double x, double y, double z);

Am I wrong?

I understand that probably the rightest way to solve this problem is to
start from something like:
vtkCamera::GetFrustumPlanes (double aspect, double planes[24])
and then compare the given point with the found planes to get if it is
inside or outside.  But, with my low knowledge of this part of geometry,
it looks quite difficult to continue.

Any already available function that can help me on this problem?

Thanks