[vtkusers] Negative Volume after Tetrahedralize/Tessellate

Felipe Bordeu felipebordeu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 05:11:10 EDT 2017

Hi,

I'm having trouble working with clip feature in ParaView
("vtkPVMetaClipDataset"), but I think is a VTK bug. My mesh if 100%
tetrahedron mesh, then I clip the mesh, the resulting mesh has tets and
wedge. Then I apply a tetrahedralize to convert the resulting mesh back to
only tets but the connectivity (numbering) of the element is not correct.
If I apply mesh quality I get negative volume for some elements.
I have the same "wrong" result with the Tessellate Filter (with zero level
of subdivisions).

Can anyone confirm this bug.

Attached a single wedge to demonstrate the bug.

Using Paraview 5.2 in linux (home build) and Windows (binary from web)

Thanks to all
Felipe