[vtkusers] Molding an image slice

Shark m.nunes at fratoria.com
Tue Mar 21 08:26:09 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have been trying for some days to "mold" a 3D image slice. (imagine a
towel in the wind)

What I mean is that I have a 2D slice, extracted from a 3D vtkImageData, and
one 3D vector for each pixel of the slice. I want to
translate/transform/move each pixel from the 2D slice to a 3D position (and
augmenting the extent of the 2D slice in x,y,z when necessary) while keeping
these pixel stitched together. I believe my knowledge of all VTK filters is
not that great, so I think something is already implemented for this, but I
cannot find it.

Currently, my line of thinking is: create an unstructured grid, apply the
vectors transformation, create a new vtkImageData from this transformation
and map the pixel values through ids (cell IDs? point IDs? ).

In the end I would see a slice stretched, compressed and bent up, down and
to the sides.

Thank you!
shark