[vtkusers] announce: vtk 7.1.1

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Mar 20 14:19:07 EDT 2017

Hi,

Just a short note to point out that we've put out a patch release for VTK
7.1.

This release is just a handful of fixes over last Fall's 7.1.0. The most
impactful item is that our java wrappings were corrected
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/2212>. Other fixes went
in for picking with antialiasing, volume masking, virtual reality device
rendering, compilation of KIT aggregate libraries, and accessing hdf5 when
using CMake versions older than 3.4.

You can browse all of the changes here:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/milestones/7

While I have your attention, be on the lookout for VTK 8.0. We will begin
the release cycle for that soon. The new release bring vtk-m accelerated
filters and at the same time an enforced requirement for C++11 compilers.
You can get a taste of what you'll see in the current VTK master branch.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive