[vtkusers] VTK deployment with static libraries on Mac (and in Qt Creator)

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Mon Mar 20 13:13:12 EDT 2017

Den 20 mars 2017 3:11 em skrev "Richard Brown" <richard.j.brown at live.co.uk>:

> Bump. Does anyone have any experience building a VTK application in Qt
Creator with static libraries?

I build our Qt + VTK almost daily from within Qt Creator, but never with
static libraries, for the reasons David brought up. I would recommend going
with dynamic linking unless you have a very strong reason not to.

I've also recently dabbled with packaging as an AppImage on Linux (worked
quite well).

Elvis

> Regards,
> Richard
>
>> On 16 Mar 2017, at 17:07, mbcx9rb9 <richard.j.brown at live.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Building in Qt Creator gives this error. Building with Cmake compiles
without any problems (I assumed due to VTK_USE_FILE). Also I can compile
the program in Qt Creator using dylibs without any problems (so I guess
normally Qt links to Cocoa, it's just linking to cocoa when using static
libs in Qt that causes the problem).

>> Thanks
>>
>> On 16 Mar 2017 5:01 p.m., "Sean McBride [via VTK]" <ml-node+[hidden
email]> wrote:

>>> You need to do that when building your application, as opposed to
building VTK.  Do you build your app with CMake?  With Xcode?  With
something else?  Presumably you're ultimately using clang, in which case
something needs to pass "-framework Cocoa" to it.

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sean McBride, B. Eng                 [hidden email]
>>> Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
>>> Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

>>> Powered by www.kitware.com

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Qt Creator), click here.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ