[vtkusers] VTK deployment with static libraries on Mac (and in Qt Creator)

mbcx9rb9 richard.j.brown at live.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 12:07:54 EDT 2017

Building in Qt Creator gives this error. Building with Cmake compiles without any problems (I assumed due to VTK_USE_FILE). Also I can compile the program in Qt Creator using dylibs without any problems (so I guess normally Qt links to Cocoa, it's just linking to cocoa when using static libs in Qt that causes the problem).

Thanks

On 16 Mar 2017 5:01 p.m., "Sean McBride [via VTK]" <ml-node+s1045678n5742496h48 at n5.nabble.com> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 14:13:39 +0000, Richard Brown said:

>So how do I go about linking against Cocoa.framework. With another
>VTK_MODULE_INIT?

You need to do that when building your application, as opposed to building VTK.  Do you build your app with CMake?  With Xcode?  With something else?  Presumably you're ultimately using clang, in which case something needs to pass "-framework Cocoa" to it.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 [hidden email]