[vtkusers] DICOM image rendering problem in VTK-Java

Kadir Cenk kadircenk3 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 14 12:20:18 EDT 2017

Hello,

I am trying to develop an application in Java, using VTK to visualize DICOM files read from a directory, using a vtkImageViewer2 object to visualize. Below is the code segment that I try to execute:

vtkDICOMImageReader reader = new vtkDICOMImageReader();
reader.SetDirectoryName("~/DICOM/abdomen_bt/3");
reader.Update();

vtkImageViewer2 imageViewer2 = new vtkImageViewer2();
imageViewer2.SetInputConnection(reader.GetOutputPort());

vtkRenderWindowInteractor renderWindowInteractor = new vtkRenderWindowInteractor();

imageViewer2.SetupInteractor(renderWindowInteractor);

imageViewer2.Render();
imageViewer2.GetRenderer().ResetCamera();
renderWindowInteractor.Start();
imageViewer2.Render();

My problem is that, this code segment renders an empty screen. But when I convert the same code segment to C++, the window renders the DICOM image successfully.

The path to the DICOM directory is valid, and DICOM files are not compressed (180 of them), and I am using VTK 7.1.0.

What might be the problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Kadir Cenk