[vtkusers] vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D in VTK 7.1?

Shark m.nunes at fratoria.com
Fri Mar 10 06:07:28 EST 2017

Glad to see this post enabled quite a positive discussion!

I would like to add a question. For software rendering,
vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D uses vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper. I can make
it work with volumetric data together with a bunch of polyData.
Now, what happens is that when I play around with it, the sampling of the
volume goes down and it gets very blurred. Which is fine and understandable.
Now, I do not understand why the same happens to the polydata.

I would like to know if there is an option I can set in the vtkActor or
polydataMapper so the renderer keeps showing contours/polydata/wireframe in
a nice way. I've looked through the documentation and wasn't able to figure
it out yet. If in the meantime I find something, I will post so other people
can see it.

Thanks!
Shark