[vtkusers] VTK_MODULE_INIT question

Ang ysa0829 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 04:31:02 EST 2017

Hi all,

My application works well in VTK 7.0.

When I try to upgrade vtk to the master version, I get below exception in
the run time.

//**************************************//

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFED0FD2599 (vtkCommonCore-7.1.dll) in
TestVTK.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location
0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

//**************************************//

This error occur when I called AddObserver function.

According to  VTK 6 Migration
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/VTK_6_Migration/Factories_now_require_defines>
,I tried to add VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkCommonCore) and still got the error
massege.

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl
vtkCommonCore_AutoInit_Destruct(void)"
(?vtkCommonCore_AutoInit_Destruct@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "public:
__cdecl vtkCommonCore_ModuleInit::~vtkCommonCore_ModuleInit(void)"
(??1vtkCommonCore_ModuleInit@@QEAA at XZ)

Any suggestions?

Thanks for assistance.