[vtkusers] Link or crash using VTK 7.1 32 bits on Win7 64 bits machine

Mwoua david.levy at leddartech.com
Fri Mar 3 16:52:48 EST 2017

Hello,

I've made an application that works fine using qt 5.7 and vtk 7.1 in windows
7 64 bits. (I built the VTK library with qt support).

Now I'm trying to build everything in 32 bits, but first I have link issue.
If I remove the problematic functions, I can get the soft to build, but it
crash with a read access violation in vtkbuffer.

Is there a way to test if I built the library correctly?

My linker issues are related to __int64, is it normal in 32bits?

Thanks,
David

Bonus information :
this example works with my 32bits setup
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Qt/RenderWindowNoUiFile

my call stack when my simplified soft crash :
1   vtkBuffer<float>::GetBuffer
vtkBuffer.h                    48   0xfaee29a
2   vtkAOSDataArrayTemplate<float>::SetValue
vtkAOSDataArrayTemplate.h      72   0xfaee806
3   vtkGenericDataArray<vtkAOSDataArrayTemplate<float>,float>::SetValue
vtkGenericDataArray.h          116  0xfaee862
4
vtkGenericDataArray<vtkAOSDataArrayTemplate<float>,float>::InsertNextValue
vtkGenericDataArray.txx        800  0xfaee42f
5 Myfunction

My linker issues :
VTKViewer.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__int64 * __thiscall
vtkAOSDataArrayTemplate<__int64>::WritePointer(__int64,__int64)"
(?WritePointer@?$vtkAOSDataArrayTemplate at _J@@QAEPA_J_J0 at Z) referenced in
function "public: __int64 __thiscall
vtkCellArray::InsertNextCell(__int64,__int64 const *)"
(?InsertNextCell at vtkCellArray@@QAE_J_JPB_J at Z)

VTKViewer.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall vtkLookupTable::SetNumberOfTableValues(__int64)"
(?SetNumberOfTableValues at vtkLookupTable@@QAEX_J at Z) referenced in function
"private: void __thiscall LdPCLViewer::DrawNewData(void)"
(?DrawNewData at LdPCLViewer@@AAEXXZ)