[vtkusers] Normal Direction of point set

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Thu Mar 2 04:54:58 EST 2017

If you mean using parts of a given version (say 5.10.1) and using some
other parts of another version (say 7.1), chances are that this approach
results in unexpected behavior to say the at least (if you even try).
Regardless of whether the toolkit or external library used is VTK or not,
that approach is not advisable.

The class at issue may depend on other classes or features not present in
earlier versions, so you'd better use 7.1 if you need the class.

You can perfectly have as many VTK versions as needed installed/built in
the same machine.

You can use the VTK_MAJOR_VERSION, VTK_MINOR_VERSION, etc. flags in your
project if you want to use the feature depending on the availability of the
VTK version your project links against. At least if the feature is not
critical.

JON HAITZ