[vtkusers] VTK using Windows Forms and Activiz .NET

CharlesB chbrossotaf at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 08:55:16 EDT 2017

> Hi all,
>
>     I'm currently trying to use both Win Forms and VTK.  I've looked at the
> examples on the wiki and whenever the rendering is being done, it is called
> in an Event (i.e. renderWindowControl1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) ).
>
> So in the case of the oriented arrow example on the wiki
> (https://itk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/CSharp/GeometricObjects/OrientedArrow),
> the method is called in Load. If I were to call the method directly, it
> doesn't render. Is it neccesary for it to be structured in that way?

You don't need to restrict the rendering to Forms events.
In most examples the rendering appears in the Load event because it is the
first event where render control is ready, and examples do the rendering
once, at window loading.

> Any help might be appreciated, I've looked around but most people seem to
> prefer using Qt. The reason I ask is because I want to update my render
> every couple seconds, and the only Event that looks plausible is the
> OnPaint(), but I'm not quite sure thats correct.

Sure, you can render anytime once the render control is ready, Activiz
works fine for most cases.