[vtkusers] Cuts generated using vtkPolyPlane and vtkCutter extend past polyline's endpoints

Luca Pallozzi Lavorante lplavorante at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 15:16:03 EDT 2017

Dear vtkUsers,

some days ago I posted  a question regarding vtkPolyPlane. I am trying to
use it to cut a vtkPolyData using a polygonal line and vtkCutter. When I
specify three points (p0, p1 and p2, inside my vtkPolyData's bounding box)
for the polyline, the resulting cuts extend past my polyline's endpoints,
creating an odd "wave" effect. I am attaching an image to illustrate the
problem.
Someway, vtkCutter doesn't know that it has to stop the cuts at the
polyline's endpoints. I believe this depends on
vtkPolyPlane::EvaluateFunction()
implementation, but I don´t know how to modify the code. Maybe this is not
necessary, because I could perform some kind of vtkImplicitFunction
composition.
How could I do it? Sorry for posting the question again.

  Thanks for any help.

         Luca