[vtkusers] vtkLegendBoxActor Not Updating

Kimmel, Jason jason.kimmel at albint.com
Mon Jun 12 13:37:46 EDT 2017

Hello,

We are using VTK 7.1 with Qt 5.8 on windows and are seeing some bizarre behavior with vtkLegendBoxActor.  Under some circumstances which can be reliably reproduced, the screen does not update to show new values in the legend, even if the legend is deleted and re-created.  Only when a user clicks in the renderwindow (or we simulate a mouse event) do the new values appear.  The 3D actors displayed by the same renderer/renderwindow update as expected, so we know that the render does redraw the scene and the QVTK widget does display it.

Does anyone have any idea why that might be happening, or if there is a way to force all actors to update?  Our current workaround is to simulate a mouse event to force the update, but this is relatively time-consuming for what should be a simple update of a 2D actor.

Thanks for your help,

Jason