[vtkusers] Check if vtkPolyData objects intersect

Maximilian Weiherer weiherer.maximilian at gmx.de
Fri Jun 9 18:14:46 EDT 2017

vtkSmartPointer<vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter> checkIntersection = vtkSmartPointer<vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter>::New();
checkIntersection->SetInputData(0, {vtkPolyData object});
checkIntersection->SetInputConnection(1, sphere->GetOutputPort());
checkIntersection->Update();

if (checkIntersection->GetOutput() == NULL)
{
// no intersection found... do some stuff
}

This is what I have tried so far and that gives me the following warnings/errors:
Generic Warning: In L:\VTK_7_1_1\VTK_7_1_1\Filters\General\vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter.cxx, line 2507
No Intersection between objects

ERROR: In L:\VTK_7_1_1\VTK_7_1_1\Common\DataModel\vtkPointLocator.cxx, line 876
vtkPointLocator (000002377CF27010): No points to subdivide