[vtkusers] VTK Stereo - Help Rendering Left & Right Eye Separately

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Thu Jun 8 13:54:37 EDT 2017

You should be able to write a subclass of vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow
(or whatever **actual** vtkRenderWindow subclass gets instantiated for
your app) and then provide your own overrides of the methods
StereoUpdate, StereoMidpoint, and StereoRenderComplete.

In the StereoUpdate method, call the parent method first, and then
call camera->SetEyePosition to be at the left eye. In the
StereoMidpoint method, call the parent method first, and then call
camera->SetEyePosition to be at the right eye.

In the StereoRenderComplete method, call the parent method first, and
then call camera->SetEyePosition back to its pre-stereo rendering
values.

The trick with SetEyePosition calls is that they coordinates have to
be in **camera** space, not world space.

HTH,
David C.