[vtkusers] VTk Stereo - Help Rendering Left & Right Eye Seperately

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Tue Jun 6 13:20:48 EDT 2017

Perhaps, I misunderstood what you’re trying to do.

That API lets you render a whole scene (i.e. OpenGL context) with one eye.
For rendering both, left and right, you’d have to have two different
windows with the same scene - one for left and one for right.
The compositing will have to be dealt with, by the external system this way.

What is the display setup you use? CAVE, HMD, etc?

If you’re using off-axis projection, you could use vtkCamera::SetEyePosition
(the center of the two eyes) and vtkCamera::SetEyeSeparation. However,
these settings are only used for off-axis frustum calculation.

I don't think that would be necessary though would it?

​
--
Sankhesh Jhaveri *Sr. Research & Development Engineer* | Kitware
<http://www.kitware.com/> | (518) 881-4417