[vtkusers] How to understand the slab thickness, slab resolution, spacing

zhang qiang zhang07101 at 126.com
Sat Jul 29 05:06:29 EDT 2017

Dear David:

    Sorry for not CC to vtkusers list.

    For vtkImageReslice, if the output spacing[2] = 0.4, I can set the
thickness of resliced image to 0.4*n by set the SetSlabNumberOfSlices to n.
If I want the thickness to be 1mm, n will be 2.5. But the type of n is int,
so n can not be 2.5, which means the thickness can not be 1mm if the
outputspacing[2]=0.4. Am I right?

    On the other hand, I still feel confused about the vtkImageSlabReslice.
What's the meaning of slab resolution and slab thickness? And after set the
output spacing to (0.4,0.4,0.4), why the reslicedSpacing[2] of resliced
image was not 0.4?

        vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageSlabReslice> resliceFilter =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageSlabReslice>::New();
        resliceFilter->SetInputData(originalData);
        resliceFilter->SetOutputSpacing(0.4,0.4,0.4);
        resliceFilter->SetInterpolationModeToLinear();
        resliceFilter->SetOutputDimensionality(3);
        resliceFilter->Update();

        double reslicedSpacing[3];
        reslicedData->GetSpacing(reslicedSpacing);

     Best wishes!
zhang qiang