[vtkusers] Normal vector of the surface of ellipstic cylinder

Girish Lande girish.lande at agiliad.com
Fri Jul 28 00:30:44 EDT 2017

I think you need to find a way to introduce more triangles in your polydata.

One way I can think of is to create multiple successive extrusions instead
of creating one single extrusion. And then append polydata of these
multiple extrusions which will definitely have more points and triangles.
(Please see attached image). Your current polydata is represented by fig.
A. and what you need is polydata as per figure B.
[image: Inline images 1]