[vtkusers] vtkTextureObject bind error

Rick Dailey rick at pile.com
Thu Jul 27 07:19:55 EDT 2017

I have made a substantial advance in my debugging capabilities but still not
able to solve this.  What I did was to move my entire tomography project
into the VTK solution as an “example” project.  This allows me to step-into
and debug the VTK dlls, automatically view stack traces, local variables,
class member variables, etc. anywhere that I need and it works great.  The
problem now is that even with this capability I am still unable to locate
and fix the bug.  Much of it has to do with the complexity of the VTK code.

As a reminder:

On some volumes I display I get an assert in the VTK code that says a
certain vtkTextureObject is not valid.  This happens on maybe one in fifty
specific volumes but still accounts for a lot of customer complaints when
the program crashes or fails to display the volume.

Can anyone provide hints as to how I should attempt to debug this now that I
have complete debugging access to the VTK code?