[vtkusers] "Filling" parts of a volume that are "inside" a set of polyhedra

Dean Inglis inglis.dl at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 23:09:22 EDT 2017

HI Elvis,

ITK would probably handle the mesh to image problem solving space
better, but I have had success with a pipeline composed of
myPolyData => vtkPolyDataToImageStencil => vtkImageStencilToImage =>
write_your_own_myWorkOnMaskImageOfPolyDataContents

There are some limits to what vtkPolyDataToImageStencil and do: you may
need to transform your mesh to an x-y-z aligned image space with sufficient
resolution and
have it satisfy certain topological conditions.

- Dean