[vtkusers] VTK-js: how to read a .json file

Scott Wittenburg scott.wittenburg at kitware.com
Fri Jul 21 11:50:45 EDT 2017

Hi Cristina,

In vtk.js we now use webpack2 (in master at least, you may have picked an
older version though), and the webpack2 documentation states that you no
longer need a loader for json:

https://webpack.js.org/guides/migrating/#json-loader-is-not-required-anymore

Is your project also using webpack2?  In that case you shouldn't need the
json loader.  Also, when you refer to "Build-in modules of Node.js", does
that refer specifically to this:

https://github.com/sindresorhus/builtin-modules

or do you mean something else?

Cheers,