[vtkusers] QVTK Widget odd behavior on Ubuntu 16.10 and NVidia GPU:

BBerco bebe0705 at colorado.edu
Wed Jul 19 11:30:15 EDT 2017

Utkarsh,
thanks for the suggestion.

I'm trying to have this working on my Mac first.

I have replaced the QVTKWidget by a QVTKOpenGLWidget, and set its render
window to a vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow.

*
vtkSmartPointer< vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow> render_window =
vtkSmartPointer< vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow>::New();
this -> qvtkWidget -> SetRenderWindow(render_window);
this -> qvtkWidget -> GetRenderWindow() -> AddRenderer(this -> renderer);
*

Unfortunately it segfaults after returning the following error message:
*
Warning: In
/Users/bbercovici/VTK/VTK_source/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 835
vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow (0x7f97260f8e00): VTK is designed to work with
OpenGL version 3.2 but it appears it has been given a context that does not
support 3.2. VTK will run in a compatibility mode designed to work with
earlier versions of OpenGL but some features may not work.

ERROR: In
/Users/bbercovici/VTK/VTK_source/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper2D.cxx,
line 902
vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper2D (0x7f9727e15960): failed after RenderOverlay 1
OpenGL errors detected
  0 : (1280) Invalid enum
*

I recompiled VTK beforehand with the -DVTK_RENDERING_BACKEND:STRING=OpenGL2
flag. Is OpenGL3 a thing?